Active Military and Veterans
Georgetown University welcomes applications from active military or veterans. Active military and veterans should note the following points before submitting an application for admission:
- Active military and veterans applying for transfer admission must have earned at least twelve credits at a two-year or four-year institution prior to transferring to Georgetown.
- If a minimum of twelve credits have not been earned by time of application, applicants should submit the first-year student application.
- All students, both first-year and transfer, must enroll as full-time students. Transfer students must spend a minimum of four full semesters in residence at Georgetown to earn a degree.
- The application is the same for active military and veterans as for all first-year and transfer students.
- For transfer applicants, please note that a Dean's Report is a required piece of the application. For the Professor's Report, however, we will accept a recommendation from a military superior if it is not possible to submit a letter from a professor.
- Prospective students who are veterans or active duty service members are encouraged to attend our latest general information session and campus tour on specific Fridays throughout the year. Veterans will be met at the conclusion of the general tour by a member of the Georgetown University Student Veterans Association (GUSVA). The GUSVA member will bring the group across campus to David Shearman, Veterans Coordinator, with whom they will be able to discuss issues relating to VA benefits, campus living, and other transitional topics. Please view the calendar of scheduled veteran session dates. Please note that reservations for sessions must be made by calling the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at (202)687-3600, Monday through Friday, 9am - 5pm EST.
- For additional information about campus resources for veterans, please visit http://www.georgetown.edu/campus-life/offices-resources/veterans/