Active Military and Veterans
Georgetown University welcomes applications from active military or veterans. Active military and veterans should note the following points before submitting an application for admission:
- Active military and veterans applying for transfer admission must have earned at least twelve credits at a two-year or four-year institution prior to transferring to Georgetown.
- If a minimum of twelve credits have not been earned by time of application, applicants should submit the first-year student application.
- All students, both first-year and transfer, must enroll as full-time students. Transfer students must spend a minimum of four full semesters in residence at Georgetown to earn a degree.
- The application is the same for active military and veterans as for all first-year and transfer students.
- For transfer applicants, please note that a Dean’s Report is a required piece of the application. For the Professor’s Report, however, we will accept a recommendation from a military superior if it is not possible to submit a letter from a professor.
- For additional information about campus resources for veterans, please visit the Georgetown Veterans Website